The services we provide are fundamental and we offer them to you FREE OF CHARGE; most importantly:
- · Property searches at the local Land Registry to make sure title is clear.
- · Legal & financial check ups on the Seller.
- · Advice and guidance on all matters related to property purchase, including a full breakdown of purchase costs, legal expenses and taxes.
- · Advice on living expenses, tax regulations and so on.
- · Obtention of Fiscal Number (NIE) - as required by Spanish law.
- · Visa applications if required
- · Obtention of Energy Certificates
- · Assistance with opening bank accounts and setting up direct debits.
- · Mortgage applications.
- · We accompany you to the notary's for transfer of title deeds (escritura), revise them and make a verbal translation for you.
- · Insurance coverage.
- · School applications.
- · Introduction to legal & fiscal professionals for applying for residence permits, making out a will, setting up a business, car purchase, etc.
Spanish law requires all non-residents to have a fiscal representative and a fiscal identification number (NIE). Any notifications will be addressed to you, care of your fiscal representative. He can also sort out any problems with utility bills that slip through the direct debit orders without getting paid, and any other matters in general which you can't handle from home. We will organize this for you.
It is advisable, though not essential, to make a Spanish will, which must be signed at a Notary's. Our lawyers will advise you how to proceed.
BUYING A PROPERTY is an important business and one that should be conducted professionally, particularly in another country where the property laws can be quite unfamiliar to you. Our role is to take away the stress and anxiety, so that you are left only with the enjoyment of discovering your own special haven for holidays or permanent residence, in the security of knowing that you are in good hands and that we will look after you - all along the way.
Our aim is to satisfy your needs, and a satisfied customer is worth taking a lot of trouble for.